In IELTS, apart from agree/disagree, discussion, and problem/solution essays, you may encounter Mixed Essay questions. Here is an example of such question:
Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be?
Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?
Notice that there are two questions:
1) Why do many people prefer to watch foreign films?
2) Should governments support local film industries?
Your essay should answer both questions. Here is how your essay plan might look like:
BODY PARAGRAPH 1 - Why could this be?
- Topic sentence - several reasons
- First reason - budgets for action, special effects, spectacular locations
- Example - Hollywood blockbusters like Avatar or James Bond films
- Second reason - the most famous actors, actresses, and directors
- Final reason - poor quality local filmmaking in many countries
BODY PARAGRAPH 2 - Should governments give financial support?
- Topic sentence - governments should support local film industries
- Explain why - talented local film-makers need opportunities
- Explain more - they need money to pay film crews, actors etc.
- Explain consequences - would lead to employment, income, tourism
- Example - invent an example about your country!